Monday, November 25, 2013

Stellar Australis - the seven point star


I have just finished writing a tutorial for a Christmas decoration I am calling "Stellar Australis" - a seven pointed star - after the star on the Australian flag.

My previous six point star attracted so much attention on Facebook I felt I wanted to simplify the design and write a tutorial so those who purchased it would have time to get in what they need and still have time to make it for their Christmas Tree.

If you are interested in a tutorial just click on the image and it will take you to my Artfire store.



Religious/occult symbolism of the seven point star:
The heptagram was used in Christianity to symbolize the seven days of creation and became a traditional symbol for warding off evil.
The heptagram is also the symbol of perfection (or God) in many Christian religions.
The heptagram is known among neo-Pagans as the Elven Star or Fairy Star. It is treated as a sacred symbol in various modern Pagan and witchcraft traditions. Similarly, it has been adopted as an identifier by some members of the Otherkin subculture. Blue Star Wicca also uses the symbol, where it is referred to as a septegram. The second heptagram is also a symbol of magical power in some Pagan religions.
In alchemy, a seven-sided star can refer to the seven planets which were known to ancient alchemists.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Patrick !
    What a magnificent ornament, very elegant!
    Wonderful work, my congratulations, there will be attractive Christmas trees and decorations this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again and thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. I am glad you like this, I have enjoyed making it and writing the tutorial. I just made a smaller version in greens and will post that soon.
      May I ask for your name? so we may chat
      Thank you…..Patrick

      Delete
  2. Hi to all, as I am really eager of reading this website’s post to be updated on a regular basis. It carries good data.
    fisherman bracelets
    fishers of men bracelets
    custom designed jewelry

    ReplyDelete